What do I do?
I have been working for ages in the ICT world. I started like most in technical positions but have long been doing consultancy work. Because I like to think in practical solutions you might call me a “solutionist”. A customer needs good answers more then more questions.
My area of expertise? Well, you could say I know (almost) anything about Linux and Open Source software! Maybe that is a bold statement, but after writing 7 books on the subject and more than 15 years of experience I think I am allowed to say this..
I have written the following books (all in Dutch though):
- Linux in het bedrijf
- Open Source binnen bedrijf en overheid
- LPI level 1 studieboeken (101 en 102)
- LPI level 2 studieboeken (201 en 202)
The following list of items are things that came onto my path:
- Co-initiator and former-chairman of the T-DOSE foundation wich organised an Open Source conference every year.
- Boardmember of the l’Accolade foundation, a campingsite for families with disabled children.
- Boardmember of the Open Source Business Club OSBC.
- Volunteer firefighter in the townships of Son & Breugel and Culemborg (8 years in total).